Die Setter Job Summary
Join one of our amazing local clients! You don’t want to miss being a part of this amazing team! Start your career today!
In this role, you will set up stamping and specialty presses that range in size and choose the appropriate fixtures for each job. Responsible for basic machine operations including cycling and setting of counting devices, recognizing the condition of dies, loading materials onto the equipment, feeding material through the die and positioning, and removing parts from the die.
We expect all items to be completed accurately and consistently, so you will also conduct quality assurance tests using precision measuring tools. All applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Die Setter Duties and Responsibilities
- Set presses and fixtures
- Load coils/ material onto the presses
- Load stamping dies onto the presses
- Inspect products for quality assurance
- Make alignment adjustments
- Use precision measuring tools, such as micrometers and calipers, to ensure products are made to specification
- Troubleshoot issues with equipment
- Assist operators as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Evaluate each die for maintenance problems.
- Assist in coordination of maintenance and repair of tooling through tool room.
- Perform die repairs and adjustments as required
- Operate crane
Requirements and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate
- Die setting or metal stamping experience
- Completion of an apprenticeship or training program
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods and lift up to 70 lbs.
- Attention to detail
- Blueprint reading
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Oral communication skills
- Good safety record
- Working under pressure of meeting deadlines
- Working on and around grease, oil, RO7 and L67 (skin contact)
- Work within established safety and health policies
- Work overtime as required.
- Heavy lifting required (heavy muscular effort or exertion required) 70 plus lbs.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required