Responsible for safely and efficiently repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as production machines and equipment, PLC’s, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, boilers, plumbing and electrical systems while remaining aware of the food safety aspects associated with the position, such as awareness of lubricants, food grade surfaces, boiler chemicals, etc.
- Must abide by and follow all food safety procedures in the performance of maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoot problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, replace defective parts and motors, and adjust fee mechanisms.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair or replace defective parts. Install special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricate and clean parts.
- Bend and cut conduit and wire, and drill holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Set up and operate drill presses, grinders, welders and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- Repair electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical parts and equipment.
- Clean work area after maintenance functions have been completed.
- Accepts personal responsibility at all times for themselves and assists where they can with the safety of other team members and contractors.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Strong electrical background is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of hand and power tools is essential.
- Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives. Basic knowledge of product flows.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge to replay and/or replace and troubleshoot machinery, instrumentation and hard-wired electrical devices in all areas of the plant.
- Mechanical aptitude to learn computer operation, software and to perform general maintenance on all types of equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Five years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred with emphasis in electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, PLC, schematics and trouble-shooting equipment in a fast-paced environment.