4 Keys to Writing a Remarkable Resume
Job hunting can be stressful. From the logistical details – researching prospective employers, preparing references, mock interviews with friends and family – it’s no wonder people tend to recycle their last resume while adding their latest work experience.
Our first tip? If you’re trying to land your dream job, or even just a significantly better one, take the time to create a freshly polished resume that is going to captivate recruiters and hiring managers. Here are three tips to boost your resume skills:
- Amplify Your Impact
- The majority of your resume should amplify your work experience. List your most recent job to your oldest job and take a results-driven approach to describe your duties and accomplishments. Show off projects that you absolutely rocked, or any quotas met or exceeded.
- Uniquely You
- Read the job description and highlight talents that are relevant to the position or company. Organizations love to see a complete picture of potential employees so you can also share hobbies that are relevant to the position and the skillset needed to succeed.
- Hiring managers are sorting through dozens of applicants daily so sending in a resume with spelling and grammatical goofs could lessen your chances of getting hired!
- Look out for things like:
- “Skills: Excel at working within a tea-oriented culture.”
- “Work history: My last employer fried me for no reason.”
“Referees available by request.”