Working for Bane is more than a job. It’s a career. Our client is a company where you can pursue new and rewarding job opportunities as you gain experience and demonstrate success. Our client is proud of its reputation of employing the industry’s most experienced and reliable unloading and warehouse professionals. They go the extra mile to develop and retain quality employees—an approach our customers acknowledge and appreciate. Don’t miss this great opportunity for a great new career! Multiple shifts available! Great pay and benefits at hire on! 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift hours available.
Starting salary – $15.00 per hour hire on in 90 days
Freight Handler Job Description:
Warehouse Freight Handlers unload trailers delivering product to our distribution warehouses and use powered industrial equipment such as electric pallet jacks, forklifts, dock stockers to remove product from trailers. Pallets may also need to be broken down and cases restacked onto new pallets. Work is performed in a warehouse setting and is physically demanding.
Freight Handlers must be able to unload tractor trailers safely and efficiently while working in a fast-paced environment. Moderate twisting and turning of the body is necessary in maneuvering the pallet jack and in observing safe paths of travel. Equipment training is provided.
Freight Handler Benefits:
At hire on you will receive a generous compensation package, including health benefits, paid time off and the opportunity to participate in the company’s 401(k).
Freight Handler Qualifications:
Prior experience receiving or unloading in a warehouse or distribution setting or knowledge of logistics is preferred but not required.
Experience operating powered warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts a plus.
Freight Handler Requirements:
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Basic math skills
* Freight Handlers must be able to lift cases by hand weighing from 25 to 95 pounds and can expect to handle between 50 and 200+ pallets
* Handlers are expected to work productively and safely
* Steel toed safety shoes are required
* Must interact respectfully and courteously with co-workers, customers and vendors.
* Handlers must have the ability to lift, walk, bend, twist, reach, push and squat the majority of the work day.